We’re the Illinois Association of REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center. If you are considering a career in real estate our program is for you!
All applicants for a Broker’s license must meet the following requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age (exception: 18yrs. With education required by Sec 5-26 of the license law act).
- Have graduated from high school or obtained the equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Have successfully completed at least 90 hours of real estate courses approved by the Advisory Council.
- Satisfactorily pass a state-sponsored written examination.
To begin, you need to successfully complete a 90-hour pre-licensing education requirement. This is the mandatory basic course for all Brokers. Material and courses are updated to ensure that instruction is meaningful, relevant and timely. Our program is geared to adult learning.
- School policy requires all absences up to 10% must be made up. If more than 10% of this course is missed, it shall result in automatic failure.
- Course completion requires a minimum of 75% or higher on the final exam. Any student who fails, receives one free re-take exam within 30 days and/or may repeat the course within one year on a space available basis at a reduced tuition fee.
- If student is unable to attend at the regularly scheduled exam time, they must schedule with the instructor to take the exam within 14 days of course end date.
We offer both day and night pre-license classes (90 hour, 45 hour and 15 hour classes). We also offer the 30 hour post-license class (for those agents that recently obtained their broker license).
Real Estate Test
After completion of the 90 hour course, you are eligible to take your pre-licensing exam.
Study options available include:
- The ExamSmart CD
- Locations to take your test
- For certain exams, we can provide a proctor at no cost to you
Contact us at 690-4200 or click here to email us.